- Building a list is one of the most powerful things you can do to build yourself a long-term asset.
- The problem is… list building can take some time. It may be a while before you see the full fruits of your labor.
- The profits from list building are generally in the back-end. Not the front-end. Which may make the process to profits longer than you’d expect it to be.
- If you can’t wait, and you’d like to see the fruits of your labor early, here are 10 “out of the box” ways you can cash in early and get paid while building your email list…
#10. Let’s Start With The Basics
- This is the most basic way you can do it. But most people never even consider this.
- The vast majority of people building their list, do it by offering a freebie. And then trying to build a relationship with those who opt-in. And start selling them stuff slowly over time.
- If you really want to get paid to build your list, forget all that freebie stuff.
- Just straight up offer a low-end paid product on the front end. And whoever buys your product automatically gets added to your subscriber list.
- You’re building a list of buyers here. And on average, a list of buyers is about 10 times more valuable than a list of freebie seekers.
- Re-invest the profits in some paid traffic.
- Or if you’d rather sticky with the “freebie” lead magnet route, then read on…
#9. Deck Out Your Thank You Page
- You gave away the freebie, people signed up for your list. Upon opt-ing in, they immediately get sent to a Thank You page that tells them to check their email. Bad mistake.
- Your thank you page is one of the most valuable monetization nodes in your funnel. Especially if you’re an affiliate marketer.
- Monetize it wisely. With your own offers, relevant affiliate offers, CPA offers, and more.
- If you have a well-optimized thank you page, then you know that for every new subscriber you get, you’ll have the potential for profit. Thus fueling your desire to build your list more…
#8. Get The Leads While Getting The Cut
- You can build a paid buyers list without having your own product offer if you’re too lazy to create one.
- Just start promoting affiliate products. There are a couple of ways to tie this together.
- One way is to offer a bonus for everyone who purchases a certain product through your affiliate link. Once they purchase, they’ll have to sign up to a private email list to get the bonus.
- Next, take your bonus page and promote it everywhere.
- One of the easiest ways to do this is by adopting a launch jacking model for new product launches in your niche.
- Another easy way is to just do some product reviews on YouTube, and buying some Fiverr gigs or Source Market gigs to get your videos on the first page of Google results. You probably have products you’re already using? Just review them using video, and promote.
- Some affiliate networks, like JVZoo, offer the ability to automatically add people who purchase affiliate products through your link to your email list. So it’s a good idea to promote products from these platforms. So you can get paid to build your list.
#7. Do What The Big Boys Do
- What do the big boys, like the NBA, NFL, MLB, and more, have in common?
- They generate money using sponsorship. And then they channel that money into getting more viewers. Which further increases their potential for getting more sponsorship money.
- If the lead magnet you’re using for your email list is positioned as an event, like an ongoing case study, or a 30 day challenge, you can use that as a platform for acquiring sponsors.
- You have the opportunity to advertise your sponsors on your blog, on every section and part of your autoresponder emails, and more.
- The more potential what you’re doing has, the better your likelihood of attracting and approaching sponsors.
- Make sure you put measures in place to enable businesses that sponsor you to track their ROI.
#6. How To Get Paid To Build A Lead Magnet
- There are a number of different ways to get paid to build your lead magnet. And all of them are under-utilized.
- Getting paid for stuff you’re already doing is one of the best forms of leverage. And here’s how you can leverage your lead magnets…
- One way is… before you start creating your lead magnet, go out and look for people in your niche who are interested in paying to have a lead magnet created for them. In other words, they’re looking to outsource the lead magnet creation part.
- Offer the service with the following terms: “I’ll make the lead magnet for you. You can do whatever you want with it. But I want to retain the rights to use the lead magnet too. Only for my own personal use. Other than that, only you will have the rights to edit and use it. In exchange, I’ll give you a discount on my normal fee.“
- Another method is, you can sell private label rights to your lead magnet after you’ve created it. So it becomes a money maker for you.
#5. How To Get Paid To Create Your Autoresponder
- Same principle as Point #6. Only this time, you’re doing it for your email autoresponder series.
- You can also position your autoresponder series as a package of private label articles. And sell them as such.
- Or combine them together into a short report, and sell private label rights to the report.
- Or, sell the report yourself. And start doing method #10.
#4. An Expert Round Up With A Twist
- Look for experts in your niche who are willing to contribute to a round-up blog post you’re going to make.
- The blog post is basically going to be a key question (sort of a challenge question) that people in your niche are really interested in knowing the answer to.
- Tell them that in exchange for their answer to the question, you will post a link to their product or service on the blog post right under their answer. This gives them a huge incentive.
- When you link to their product or service, you can do so using an affiliate link to their product or service. Which will give you commissions. If they have one.
- End your round-up blog post with an opportunity to get everything in a checklist format or PDF version along with some more tips and tricks just like these if people enter their email address.
- Once the full round-up is done, send out a message to your expert contributors to let them know. And so that they can see it and tell you what they think. And ask them to share it with their followers.
- Once they start sharing, you’ll see a influx of both subscribers, and sales.
#3. Get Paid To Promote Your Squeeze Page
- Offer an article, audio, video, etc. creation and marketing service, or other similar promotional service for people with a website. You can promote this service on classified sections of forums, and other such places.
- Offer two payment options:
- You can create and promote the article and video for them, that promotes their website, product, or service, at the full price. Or…
- You offer them a second option. You will create and promote the article or video for them at a steeply discounted price if they allow you to put a link to your squeeze page in the article or video as well.
- Of course, it goes without saying, you should only offer this service to people in the same niche (or a similar niche) as you.
- Thus, you are getting paid to promote your own squeeze page.
#2. Get Other People Paying To Grow Your Blog
- If you have a blog with sufficient amounts of traffic, offer the opportunity for other companies or businesses to pay money to submit a sponsored post to your blog.
- Charge a lower price, but all the while maintaining a high quality of sponsored posts, if you’d like to get more submissions…
- Thus, you are getting paid to grow your blog content, which in turn grows your traffic.
- If you’re optimizing your blog well for opt-ins, you should benefit a lot from doing this.
#1. Create Some Crazy Training For Others
- There are a lot of business owners out there who would like to have the time and resources to create their own digital products or training, so they can sell it to their list.
- The key to finding these business owners is to check out their websites, and get on their list.
- Look for business owners who at one time were putting out and selling their own digital products and training regularly, but have not been doing so recently. Probably because of constraints of time and resources.
- Offer to create a killer product for them. For a small cut of the profit. With their name on it. And full rights. That they can sell to their audience. And profit from.
- All you ask is for maybe a contextual link to your squeeze page in the product.
- Or, for the opportunity to position the link to your squeeze page and lead magnet freebie as a free bonus for buying the product.
#0. The Most Insane Way To Monetize Your List Building
- Everywhere you go, people are touting guest blogging as one of the most effective and fastest ways to build your email list. And it’s true.
- However, oftentimes, it’s a hugely wasted opportunity. Why? Because…
- There are actually a ton of websites out there, depending on your niche, that are paying people to write guest posts on their website.
- So just imagine that… you get all the benefits of guest blogging to build your list. But on top of all that, you get paid to do it!
- It’s easy to find these sites. Just do a Google Search for the term “paid to write” (without the quotation marks), or “paid to write + yourniche”.
- Also, make sure you look for sites that allow you to link back to your website or squeeze page.
- If you can write a killer guest post, they’ll be paying you to come back for more.